You score 75 in the LPD and your gonna win by 20-30.
I'll score 45 and take a win, rather then score 75 and take a lost.
been there done that,even got the T-shirt
[ QUOTE ]
You score 75 in the LPD and your gonna win by 20-30.
[/ QUOTE ]
Not against Burton..
they beat us 78-75
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."
Play Like a Champion Today
[img]http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Michael_Jordan.jpg[/img]
Thats a great point, if you try and hold a team down thats not gonna be held down, your gonna lose by 20. Last season that was your guys bread and butter, buckets, buckets, buckets. You just happened to lose a lot of your fire power. Thats Burtons game, 100 if possible. They been known for that since you were in diapers, they did hang like 120 in a region game if Im not mistaken.
well the way i see it if u get steals and blocks ur momentum from the defense will carry over to your offense, the team that has the momentum tends to make a run on the other team...
LOL Of course Adkins will be all-district. Probably will be POY too. But consider (1)who the coaches are, (2) who is voting, and (3) how much other teams and coaches dislike Gate City right now.
But when you consider just how bad basketball is in the LPD, what does it mean to be all-district basketball in the LPD or even the POY? Saying you're the best basketball player in the LPD is kind of like saying you won the relay race in the senior citizen competition.
[ QUOTE ]
first of all adkins will be 1st team all district in my opinion and how come not many people have cedrick on their list? i think he should make it too. . .
[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But when you consider just how bad basketball is in the LPD, what does it mean to be all-district basketball in the LPD or even the POY? Saying you're the best basketball player in the LPD is kind of like saying you won the relay race in the senior citizen competition.
[/ QUOTE ]
How many times were you all district?/
Well as for basketball in the LPD, I agree it's not the best. When you see the best team in the LPD play Big 9 teams in East Tennessee or teams outside the region, as in the Arby's tournament, you realize just what a big difference there is.
But for whatever it's worth, I think it means something to at least a few people.
I also agree that politics is a big factor in choosing the district team and Player of the Year. It's not realistic to expect us all to agree on the choices. Congratulations to whomever is chosen for the district team and POY.
[ QUOTE ]
LOL Of course Adkins will be all-district. Probably will be POY too. But consider (1)who the coaches are, (2) who is voting, and (3) how much other teams and coaches dislike Gate City right now.
But when you consider just how bad basketball is in the LPD, what does it mean to be all-district basketball in the LPD or even the POY? Saying you're the best basketball player in the LPD is kind of like saying you won the relay race in the senior citizen competition.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Valid point and for people to suddenly act like politics or who likes/dislikes who suddenly came to be because of Gate City is crazy. That kind of stuff will go on in every district as long as there are districts.
Unless I'm mistaken, Gate City has been pretty well represented most years on all-district and such, just because their player doesn't get it doesn't mean that the world is out to get them. I mean its fine if someone says Anderson is the POY but just because someone doesn't think he is, doesn't mean its the great Gate City hate. What I seen, he is a vital cog in the Gate City machine, but I don't know if he's the best player on his team, let alone in the district. Doesn't mean he's not, just a different opinion.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I didn't realize how much politics played in choosing the district teams and POY until recently when I was sitting at a game with one coach and another coach approached him with the question of who he was voting for and "if you'll vote for my player on this one, then I'll vote for your player on this other one."
Gate City has been well-represented, and I think on at least some level they have the respect of most of the district coaches. I can understand where some bias might come into play. Where you have successful teams, you're going to have some jealousy.
[ QUOTE ]
Valid point and for people to suddenly act like politics or who likes/dislikes who suddenly came to be because of Gate City is crazy. That kind of stuff will go on in every district as long as there are districts.
Unless I'm mistaken, Gate City has been pretty well represented most years on all-district and such, just because their player doesn't get it doesn't mean that the world is out to get them. I mean its fine if someone says Anderson is the POY but just because someone doesn't think he is, doesn't mean its the great Gate City hate. What I seen, he is a vital cog in the Gate City machine, but I don't know if he's the best player on his team, let alone in the district. Doesn't mean he's not, just a different opinion.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Bookmarks